Bioshock 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe Jack
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Bioshock 2   Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:37 pm

It is coming out in 4 days and i would like to hear your input on the game.

I think that the story is going to be great, I will have to see about the multilayer myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moose
Survivor

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:58 am

I really like the looks of the rivet gun. I'm attracted to semi-automatic powerful weapons (it appears to be semi-automatic) and it looks awesome. The rest of the game looks like a huge improvement over the last one too. I just hope the boss this time isn't a complete wuss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uvana
Soldier

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:50 am

Iono.

I'm more interested in doing another run through on System Shock 2. Then again, I want to play Starcraft again..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claude01
Lab Assistant

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:39 am

I've been anticipating for the sequel of Bioshock

who's your big daddy!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uvana
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:39 am

Bah. Fuck Starcraft. I suck nao, and can't even finish the Terran Campaign. Go me. -.-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:07 am

mass rines, BC's, or spam nukes. pretty much all there is to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender

Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:38 pm

I might go out and rent it. Not really looking forward too it though. New Multiplayer feature seems redundant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uvana
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:52 pm

I do the Nuke one. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment

Number of posts : 2

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:11 pm

They re-used the life bar from the last game. Or only changed it very slightly.

Therefore it has automatically earned my hate.

Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:09 am

Jarki wrote:
Bah. Fuck Starcraft. I suck nao, and can't even finish the Terran Campaign. Go me. -.-

hahaha, wow you suck! Hardest one for me is protoss (fucking hate the high minercost and massive need for micro battles) easiest is Zerg... God i love Hydralisks, and Guardians.

back on subject due to lack of any system higher then a PS2 i havn't played the first or 2nd bioshock. But the comercials are VERY interesting!
So whats the story here, the girl is some sewer mutant who lives with her homicidal manic father in an underwater world?

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:52 am

Got Bioshock 2 the day it came out and have been playing it every second of the day I've got a chance.

So the game takes place years after the first game (Note that it talks about Andrew Ryan being killed which happened to take place in the first game). Lamb is the new ruler of Rapture and has created what she calls "The Family". BASICALLY she has tricked all or most of the people still living in rapture that she has an achievable goal that will help benefit all of Rapture and most blindly fallow her. Lamb doesn't realy like you and puts your image on all the screens for all to see and simply says "Kill him" and the entire world of rapture now hates you and will kill you on site.

The game plays for the most part like the first one did.

Likenesses:
Same aiming system
Same types of guns (Though they look different)
Same creepy atmosphere
Same hypos (Though they can be upgraded and have more potential then the first game)
Same Health and Eve bar (Which can still be upgraded at the Garden)

New to the game:
Changed Hack Feature- Now when you hack turrets it goes into a meter kinda like what you would see if you were trying to kick a punt in a football game. A small black line goes left and right and you click in the green each time the screen changes. (I find this more fun then the time consuming pipe builder. Althogh you can take damage now while hacking things)
Heal Turrets with Eve- There is a perk that allows you to heal your buddy turrets when they become damaged where in the first game you had to turn them off so they could heal.
Good vs. Evil - In the first game the ending depended on how you chose to handle little sisters. In this game there are multiple times you get a chance to do something which in a sense is good or evil. Depending on which you choose you could be rewarded or have a harder time playing the game.
Underwater Adventures - Since your a big daddy and you sink like a rock there are multiple times in the game were you get to walk around UNDERWATER. I still become paranoid walking around and a shark swims by me.

Overall I would rate the game a 9.4 out of 10. There are a few problems I have with the game but they are too few and far between for this game to be saddening to me.

I will note that the game is VERY simular to Bioshock in gameplay. If you are one sseking a revolution to the bioshock world then you will be strongly disappointed. The game sticks to its roots which I enjoy and gives you yet another time frame in the depressing world of rapture.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:14 am

i didnt ask about a list of spoilers just wanted some backstory to it, you see this does me no good cause idk what the hell a Rapture is... elephant

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:44 am

I was posting this for people who were interested in Bioshock 2 that had played Bioshock.

I thought you were joking about being interested in it based on the last sentence in your post..
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:44 pm

naw you se i've wanted to play bioshock games but i lack a PS3, xbox360, and wii. So i can't really play though i am interested.

So the scuba dude is yellow eyed chicks dad i get that much but whats the stroy behind it. They underwater, did the water level rise, or is the dad just obsessed with scuba gear and giant drills?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uvana
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:06 pm

-.-

Wikipedia is your friend.

Also, Rapture is the location... nub. XD

And Demon Eyes, I used to be good, but now I can't play for shit. It's like completely starting over for me, perhaps worse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:36 pm

why should i research when someone can just tell me... not like i'm trying to figure out the capital of peru and it's average yearly percipitation Tongue

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uvana
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:55 pm

Well, no one wants to tell you, so you should just Wiki it :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:41 pm

Minimum: Operating System: Windows XP (with Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista, CPU: Intel single-core Pentium 4 processor at 2.4GHz, System RAM: 1 GB, Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM and Pixel Shader 3.0 (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550), Sound Card: 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card, 8GB of free hard drive space.

Recommended: CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo processor; System RAM: 2GB; Video Card: DX 9 - Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB RAM and Pixel Shader 3.0 (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better), DX 10 - NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better; Sound Card: SoundBlaster(r) X-Fi(tm) series (optimized foruse with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards);

thats the Requirements for the first one f ur pc can handle it bye it off steam

for the 2nd

Minimum:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ 2.4Ghz or better, Intel Pentium 4 530 3.0Ghz Processor or better
Memory: 2GB
Graphics: NVIDIA 7800GT 256MB graphics card or better, ATI Radeon X1900 256MB graphics card or better
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive: 11GB
Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0C compliant sound card or onboard sound

Recommended:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Dual Core 2.60Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Dual Core 2.13Ghz
Memory: 3GB
Graphics: NVIDIA 8800GT 512MB graphics card or better, ATI Radeon HD4830 512MB graphics card or better
Other Requirements: Initial installation requires one-time internet connection; Ability to save game, earn achievements, receive title updates and online play requires log-in to Games for Windows LIVE; software installations required including Microsoft Visual C++2008 Runtime Libraries, Games for Windows LIVE client, Games for Windows LIVE Client Patch, Sony DADC SecuROM, Microsoft DirectX.

so kyo if u can handle might as well buy it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe Jack
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:15 pm

im gonna get bioshock tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:51 pm

I've just played Bioshock 2, feels sorta the same as the first one to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe Jack
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:19 pm

That's because the game didn't stray from the setting that it has built upon itself.

In Bioshock 2 the plasmids are better, the enemies are better, and in some cases even the storytelling is better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uvana
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:56 pm

System Shock 2 > All.

System Shock 2's ending still unnerves me. No idea why. Last weekend I stayed up and played it, and beat it (I played off of an old save that left me with only about a half hour of gameplay). And then I couldn't sleep. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pest02
Soldier

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:05 pm

I can't play anything Japanese or Korean for too long. The cartoon-y graphics make me want to punch a kitten.

King Doltan: Not playing Runescape since 2004
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bioshock 2   

Back to top Go down

Bioshock 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1