Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0

Number of posts : 1107

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: RE5 DLC   Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:19 pm

Last March, RE5 had a whole bunch of DLC released for it. I got it yesterday and finished it today.

There's 4 different DLC, the first being a whole chapter in which you play through Spencer's mansion a few years before the start of RE5, before facing off against Wesker and pushing him out of the window. It took over an hour to beat. This DLC also gave 2 new characters to use during Mercenaries: Rebecca Chambers, and BARRY BURTON!!!

The second DLC was another hour long chapter, which takes place during the 6th chapter of the main game. You play as Jill and team up with Josh, and find out what they were doing after Chris and Sheva fought you in the chapter 5 finale. This DLC also adds 2 more characters to Mercenaries: Excella (Wesker's girlfriend) and Josh.

The third and fourth DLC only costs a dollar, and merely adds 4 new costumes to the game, two each for Chris and Sheva, for you to use during the campaign. Each of their costumes get added to Mercenaries with unique inventory. Sheva - Fairy costume is now the most over powered Mercenary player. "But Wesker has super fast knee-face move!!!"

Yeah? Well Fairy Sheva has FIVE Golden Eggs in one inventory slot, restoring her health fully five times. She also comes with the Hydra shotgun, a magnum, and a machine gun for the fodder.

While the DLC does add 2 new chapters and 8 new Mercenaries, it does not include extra stages based off the DLC.

All 4 DLC can be downloaded for $12.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warhero30
Veteran

Number of posts : 477

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

PostSubject: Re: RE5 DLC   Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:50 am

I've actually been looking at buying them and after this I definatly will be doing so. Thanks man this is a lot of help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pest02
Soldier

Number of posts : 2553

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: RE5 DLC   Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:54 pm

So is Rebecca impossible to play and Barry supremely overpowered?

King Doltan: Not playing Runescape since 2004
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0

Number of posts : 1107

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: RE5 DLC   Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:12 pm

Other way around. Rebecca has a weak machine gun and a powerful shotgun, 2 first aids, and 4 ammos.

Barry has his Samurai Edge, which for some reason is weak and pathetic. He also has a magnum, with ammo. He has a sniper rifle, but it's the weakest one, with no ammo. He also starts with no health.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dalton
Shotgun Surgeon

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: RE5 DLC   Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:46 pm

I unlocked all the achievements for it but since microsoft is gay I didn't count two of them. But without even thinking even though it is slower then Desperate Escape, Lost in Nightmares is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Stalker
Veteran

Number of posts : 346

PostSubject: Re: RE5 DLC   Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:43 pm

Damn it, I've yet to play the game due to my PS3 getting the yellow light of death.
Getting a new one by August though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dalton
Shotgun Surgeon

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: RE5 DLC   Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:24 pm

Those break down too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Stalker
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: RE5 DLC   Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:41 pm

1st PS3s also broke down, but apparently the PS3 slim doesn't get it, the yellow light of death.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uvana
Experienced Scientist

Number of posts : 1327

PostSubject: Re: RE5 DLC   Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Mine's been perfectly fine. It's only froze once, and that's because I was playing music, loading a screen, downloading a demo, and attempting to open my PS Menu.. all at the same time >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warhero30
Veteran

Number of posts : 477

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

PostSubject: Re: RE5 DLC   Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:03 am

And at the top of the leaderboards my xbox with 0 breaks except one that wasn't its fault.

Basically a mate brought round his hard drive because when he'd tried to use it his xbox had frozen and the same happened to mine when he tried it round mine. We later found out that it was a knock off that someone had taken back to the shop instead of the real one in an attempt to make money...douche.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Stalker
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: RE5 DLC   Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:20 pm

Jarki wrote:
Mine's been perfectly fine. It's only froze once, and that's because I was playing music, loading a screen, downloading a demo, and attempting to open my PS Menu.. all at the same time >.>

That has happened to me a shit load of times,
so is your PS3 the original fatass ones
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uvana
Experienced Scientist

Number of posts : 1327

PostSubject: Re: RE5 DLC   Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:25 pm

Iono. It looks purdy small.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content