Share | 

Dreams

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Havoc
Tragically Insane

Number of posts : 95

PostSubject: Dreams   Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:00 am

So as of late I've been experiencing a lot of morbid dreams. Within this rant I shall be explaining in what detail what I can remember of the dream I had last night. If I'm lucky perhaps tonight will bring an even better dream. Be sure to post dreams you've had lately, morbid or not I'm sure they are still interesting.

The Zombie Bar

Miles from town my car breaks down, immediately I check my cell to contact a pick-up. Damn my luck, my phone died on the way home, I'll have to walk I suppose. After an hour of walking and seeing no sign of life I start to become suspicious of where everyone is. Its almost Christmas, perhaps there is a parade some place in town. Finally I arrive at my favorite bar in town, Dave's were I decide to walk in and see if they have an available phone. I'm a familiar after all, they'd probably be more than happy to accommodate my need. The doors unlocked but nobodies there, well, save for a dead body on the ground. I finish vomiting and grab a few beers to settle my nerves. I check the phone. Damn my luck, the phone line is dead. I peer outside the window to see not people, but corpses now pacing slowly about outside. Not thinking properly I head back through the back of the bar into one of the employee only rooms. Oddly enough it appears to be a small bedroom the owner lives in (this was a feature added on to the bar from my dream) I bar the door with a chair and lay on the bed. I'm too drunk to think properly and take any evasive action so i figure I'll risk a sleep and hopefully wake up sober. Before I can completely pass out, a kick to the door. A zombie? Perhaps not. As the door swings open it turns out to be my friend Larry, wearing his biker shirt and wielding a bat in his hand. He briefs me on events and then tells me there are others, Dave's will become a safe haven. Things come together nicely around the bar. The pool table are broken into so that games are free, drinks are on the house with a limit of five a day, and the kitchen releases the greasy smell of pizza cooking for the survivors. Life isn't so bad, though its a bit crowded and plumbing is often problematic. Looking past these problems however I no longer have need to worry about school, money, those pieces of life I always wanted to forget... smooth sailing. One of the survivors suggest we have a party a few days in to celebrate us being alive, not thinking about the noise it would make most of the others agree to the event. The risks being overruled, music feels the air and an overall nostalgia of life comes to each individual. As suspected zombies find their way in to crash our party. The dance floor is filled with all the survivors, I'm in the middle living it up with a beer in my hand. As I turn to laugh to a friend my face is met with a rotting corpse pushing through the group. I fall to the ground with the zombie and scream out for help. No one notices soon enough... The zombie clamps down his jaw on a small portion of knuckle that was being used to keep him down. The wound was small but size doesn't matter. Without a solution I'll find myself soon a zombie myself. I scream again and this time gain notice, I'm aided and the zombie is killed. The music stops and people scatter, a few more zombies made it in but they were quickly dispatched. I had no time to count how many were taken down, I was far too focused on my hand that trickled only the slightest amount of blood. I was unsure of how I allowed such a mistake to be made, but there was one thing I was damn sure of, I wasn't going to become a zombie. I stand and head directly for the kitchen, I reach for a clever but my hand is grabbed. "We use that clever," said the owner of the hand, "We don't need your corpse blood on it." I wanted to argue but I feared I didn't have time. Instead I reach for a steak knife and hold it at the wrist... back and forth I pull slicing away meat and soon carving bone. Screaming I finish the last piece of flesh and jerk away from the blood. Damn my luck! I didn't use a belt! My arm is bleeding profusely now and I have to request a friend tie my belt around my bicep. After its tied tight enough I take the knife and start to cut again this time at the elbow. More blood more screaming, but now I'm feeling light headed and my vision is blurring. I would blame the effects on blood loss but my vision slowly gains an orange tent to it. I loose strength in my legs and fall to the ground. I know at this moment I'm turning and there is nothing I can do, but subconsciously I continue cutting. With my last breath I scream out: "End it!" Damn my luck again, nobody has a gun. Instead I'm beaten by the blunt object we did have in the bar ranging from bats, to pipes, to pool sticks. I pass out before I die, the pain simply too much.

W. Birkin
Scientist

Number of posts : 542

PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:15 pm

It isn't often that I remember my dreams anymore, but when I do its typically a reoccurring one.
This one in particular I've had several times before, in this instance on April 19'th of this year.

The dream usually goes like this: My family and I come into possession of a building. It's usually old, and usually a church of some sort. We begin working on it, fixing it up and what not, but something don't feel right.. There's this weird feeling to the place, the kind of feeling like someone;s always pressing against your chest, making it hard to breathe

As the dream goes on, weird things start happening, to the point where I'm up late one night with a night vision camera. I'm walking around the building, chasing this shadow that keeps eluding me. I get down into the lower floor where my family is sleeping and check in on my sister, when I notice this pair of small, beady eyes reflecting the light, only the eyes are on my sister's arm. they blink then re-appear else where on her body

I try to show them the video later but the eyes are missing some how and things calm down for a bit. We keep working on the place until a wall in the basement is busted down, revealing the entrance to some caves. I grab the camera and start making my way into the cave. It doesnt take long before I see that shadow again.. fleeing just out sight.. the walls of the cave get narrow at parts and then open up.. There are these odd, large portions of the wall cut out that look like they were beds or shelves..

As I'm walking I'll catch sight of those beady eyes, appearing in odd places.. like in the walls or the ceiling.. even the eyesockets of a skull that sits in one of those shelves..The cave ends in a large, open cavern,, there's all kinds of items strewn about, but i cant remember them very well..

The eyes appear again but this time in the middle of thin air and suddenly rush at me and I get knocked to the ground. Then the dream picks up in a different "era" the building that we're fixing up is well, now fixed up.. It's a meeting point of some sort., I see all of these people dressed up in 30's swinger style clothes. They're walking about a lavishly decorated room, complete with several broken and bloody corpses that are on display.. The next thing I know I'm in a room with a baby which has those strange and beady eyes again and it begins to talk to me. It reveals that its some sort of demon. I dont remember much of the conversation.. just that god loved everyone, including it, and that sort of pissed it off, not that it could do anything in the body of a baby.

I wake up back in the cave and there's a single torch on the wall that's lit that wasnt lit before.. I grab my camera and leave.. I tell my family bout what happened and show them the video, they're convinced enough to abandon the place.

Then I wake up. I feel like something's been sitting on my chest, and im sort of short on breath for a moment or two

Obedience breeds discipline. Discipline breeds unity. Unity breeds power.
Power is life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havoc
Tragically Insane

Number of posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:53 pm

Santa Birk wrote:
It isn't often that I remember my dreams anymore, but when I do its typically a reoccurring one.

W. Birkin
Scientist

PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:59 pm

XD

Power is life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:49 pm

The most vivid dream I've had recently was a post apocalyptic one. I was invited to live in some very very VERY heavily fortified um... fortress. It had systems inside it that like allowed us to live without ever having to leave (indoors forever just how I like it), including a nuclear power station underneath it.

One day, the reactor blew up.

I don't remember much after that. Except that shit got terrifying.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer

Number of posts : 714

PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:41 am

I had a dream where I was hacking through the jungle, and all of the sudden, these big poofy mosquitoes stabbed me with their beak-things and filled me with hot air, and then I floated off to Laputa.

I've had crazier, if you'd believe it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warhero30
Survivor

Number of posts : 38

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:40 pm

I only sleep about 1 in 3-4 nights and even then don't often dream but for about two months i've had one long continuous dream. So far someone...can't remember in enough detail who but he's got a cape...which is about all I can remember of him, open's a portal in the fields behind where I go for sixth form (school) and from it pour zombies. After stealing the keys off a dead teacher me and a few others escape in a car and go to several stops along the way. Eventually we end up overtaking the prison in my town and using it like a fort.

After being there for a while (two or three dreams worth) the guy who started it becomes bored so decides to add some stuff to entertain himself. So far he's added the Bloodthirsters from Warhammer and dragons. That's about as much detail as I can remember of what's happened so far.

Oh and apparently my dream self is more or less Rambo with zombies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trigger
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment

Number of posts : 32

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:43 pm

My dreams are eerie at best.

Pest02
Soldier

Number of posts : 429

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:39 am

I dreamed I was a tree once. I would talk to random people who sat beneath me.

One day, while I was talking some girl out of suicide, she was attacked by dragons. I burst into flames and caused everything around me to disintegrate, including the girl and myself. I was then a dead tree surrounded by dead grass with a bunch of skeletons laying around me.

Then I slowly gained control of necromancy and made the dead dragons do my bidding.

God I have fucked up dreams.

King Doltan: Not playing Runescape since 2004
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W. Birkin
Scientist

PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:36 pm

Ok so I had another weird dream..

I was in some sort of horror movie similar to the wrong turn, where im being chased by these daffy cannibal freaks, me and my group of horror fans got in this lovely situation by spending time at the mall where we were generally antagonised by the mall cop

on out of the parking lot, we accidentally splash the guy with a puddle, but we're lal laughing at him as he shakes his fist at us.. next thing i know we're on the road, its dark and we're in the middle of a pine forest.. my cat salem suddenly shows up and starts rubbing on me
we have some sort of accident that leaves us stranded in the woods, nd so we get out and go looking for a house to get help from, and we do. this creepy hillbilly looking place..

i seem to be the only one who isnt whacked out by this place, but they insist on it.. So we roll up to this creepy house and this old hag greets us at the door. Salem doesnt like her, I dont like her, but the others dont mind.. she invites us all in to use the phone and meet the family. we meet "bob" who is the token evil bastard freak, his sister louanne, who is surprisingly not freaky looking in that typical horror trope..and a few other non essentials.. We get invited to dinner, and in a scene from the walking dead, I go exploring and discover the horrible truth - that these people are cannibals. I go back to the house to warn my friends but it's too late the cannibals already have killed them

so i grab salem and start to run out of the house and the old hag is chasing me right..i end up tossing the cat down before grabbing a shovel and decapitating the old bitch. Salem runs off and for some reason I get that he's goin for help.. So I go back to the house to see if I can get any proof that this shit is happening.. for some reason they used a revolver as a brace for the storm shades on the side of the house, so I wrench it free. to my surprise it still works, and after a surprise attack from "bob" (thats what ive taken to claling the main fr3eak antagonist), i end up blowing his head off.. Bob's sister is dead too cause she was fucking one of the other guys in the group and bob got jealous..

The last thing I ran into was the inevitable surprise twist - a freaky baby that had herculean strength D: the lil bastard burst through the wall and attacked me i dont know how i survived, cause i woke up.. but when i fell back asleep, my brain jumped to the sequel..
but only the set designs and such

Power is life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trigger
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:33 pm

Heheh.  Melatonin rarely fails to give me an extremely vivid dream.  I recommend not exceeding a 10mg dose.

One of the most surreal melatonin dreams I remember involved me being on my grandpa's back porch.  For some reason most of my high school class was there too.  Suddenly hundreds of balloons sprouted all along the handrails, and the entire porch was separated from the house and lifted into the sky.  

What ensued was a bewildering journey across the country, until finally we began popping balloons one by on, causing the porch to begin a gradual descent.  

Unfortunately we landed in a town that was currently experiencing a zombie apocalypse.  It always comes down to zombies in the end... However I really had to pee after being on a flying porch for so long, so I immediately ran into a public restroom, where I met a nice black fellow who gave me a switchblade. I suppose my subconscious might be a bit stereotypical, but I was thankful for the weapon.

After that I went to actually used the restroom, which caused me to wake up instantly. I'm probably lucky I didn't wet the bed.

Trigger
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:44 pm

Wow.   Last night's dream will be one of those rare ones I remember for years to come, even if a few parts are already fuzzy.  Let me preface this by saying it was not one dream, but a series of dreams punctuated by me waking up after a traumatic moment, only to fall back asleep within ten seconds and continue the dream in a new locale.   I'm sorry if this post is excessively long, because that's how the dream felt.  Excessively long.

Phase 1 - The Island
This was very probably a peninsula, but people kept calling it an island, so I just went with it.  The dream starts with me on a schoolbus, seemingly on a field trip, but I didn't recognize any of my classmates.  The environment was very scenic, with emerald-green foliage, golden beaches, and mottled rock formations with moss and ivy growing all around in a manner that suggested it hadn't been bothered in thousands of years.  

Well, the driver was blackout drunk, so it was only a matter of time until we crashed off the side of the road, and crash we did.  Well, most of us survived the crash, and due to some backstory constraints the dream wasn't filling me in on, apparently we had no chance of rescue or making it back home on our own.

So very quickly, our little band devolved into something that can only be described as a scene right out of Lord of the Flies...  but with velociraptors.  Unfortunately my social skills in dreams aren't much better than real life, so I was quickly ostracized from the group with threats of murder and cannibalism.  But while striking off into the forest on my own, I soon discovered aforementioned velociraptors.  

After a chase that feels like it lasted days, I wake up in a cold sweat right as the pack corners me against a rock abutment.  At least they didn't get me this time.  Within seconds, I was somehow asleep again.

Phase 2 - The Hotel
Within seconds I realize I'm in one of my favorite reoccurring dreams, which I've already told some of you about.  However, due to dream magic, I immediately forget this realization, forgoing my chances at a lucid dream.

The dream isn't always a hotel, and the details of the place aren't worth mentioning, but within minutes of searching those generic halls, I find my goal : the arcade.  It was a small arcade of course, only featuring five games -

- Some random racing game, which every arcade mandatorily features, even in dreams.  I didn't give it a second thought.

- Some faded grey game I've already forgotten.  I don't remember what this machine was, but I clearly remember there were five game cabinets in total.

- The House of the Dead 1.  Easily my favorite arcade game of all time, but I've beaten it at least 20 times since 1997, so it'll have to wait until I'm bored with the others.

- An aerial combat simulator!  It wasn't any of the fighter-pilot games I'm familiar with, but I knew I wanted to play it.  Unfortunately I never got a chance to, because then I noticed the last game, and the focus of my reoccurring dream...

- The House of the Dead Reboot.  I've dreamed about this game on at least eight other occasions.  I'm no dream interpreter, but it's easy to surmise that this reoccurring dream is due to my 10-year wait for HotD5.  Without hesitation, I got change for a $20 bill and inserted two quarters.

The details of the game change every time, but it usually comes across as an alternate version of HotD 1 with different characters and areas.  However, one feature is always the same.  The lightgun is always a raging piece of shit.  The gun physically resists my attempts to aim it, and the trigger requires so much strength to pull it that it's impossible to fire more than one bullet every couple seconds.

As such, I die before I can even enter the mansion, swarmed by a ridiculous number of zombies wielding chainsaws.  I immediately woke up in a rage, but I was asleep again within seconds.  

Phase 3 - The Barn
I gain consciousness inside a very large three-story barn, wearing a dark green uniform, and holding a rusted M1 Garand that's in such bad shape I'm scared to even fire it.  At that moment I'm attacked by a soldier wearing a WW1-era German uniform, pointy helmet and all.  

Before he can stick me with his bayonet like a pig, he's shot in the back and drops dead.  From out of nowhere, a dozen soldiers wearing the same uniform as me rush over, shouting that we're under attack.  Most of the soldiers are generic, but one of them is clearly Qui Gon Jinn around the age of 20.  For some reason he's wielding a Vietnam-era M16A1 instead of his lightsaber.

Wasting no time, I pick up the dead German's weapon, which turns out to be a Retro Lancer from Gears of War.  Qui Gon Jinn sticks with me, but the other soldiers rush off to defend key points.  

The tactical situation is grim.  There are four entrances into the barn; two for the ground floor and one for the second and third floor each via ladders.   Qui Gon and I head for the third floor chokepoint.   We reach the top just in time to see a hopelessly large force of Germans rushing right for us.  At once, a hail of gunfire explodes all around us.  Jinn and I fire wildly out the window, kicking down the ladder every time they set it back up, like a strange combination of Gears of War and RE4.  

Suddenly we hear screams from the floor below, indicating that the second-story chokepoint had been overrun. Instantly, Germans began swarming up to us on both sides while they simultaneously swarm down to the first floor and overrun both entrances.  In seconds, Jinn and I are the only ones left alive, holding the third floor in a desperate battle.  Jinn continues firing out the window and kicking down the ladder while I shoot down the Germans coming up from behind.

Events become frenzied and muddled, but eventually Jinn runs out of ammo, and we both get knocked silly by a flash grenade.  By the time we come to, Germans have us both surrounded with bayonets pointed right at us.  We're captured.

The dream fades to black, and refocuses into a small dark room with a round table.  Jinn and I are in chairs with a hooded figure sitting across from us.  We're obviously PoWs and about to be interrogated.

The hooded man reveals his face, and we're shocked to discover Lieutenant Worf (yes from Star Trek) who has apparently jumped franchises to become a Sith Lord.  Worf largely ignores me, focusing on Qui Gon.  With painful ferocity, Worf attempts to sway Jinn to the dark side.  Jinn refuses.  

Then things get violent.  He begins striking Jinn in the face over and over again in an attempt to bring out the anger in him, but Jinn never breaks his calm.  At one point an enraged Worf shouts "You're going to die here!" to which Qui Gon calmly replies, "Then I will become one with the Force."  I got shivers from that.

At that moment, Worf changes tactics and turns toward me.  With a flourish, Worf's lightsaber appears in his hand and he activates it with a sound more reminiscent of a chainsaw than a classic lightsaber. The beam is red in traditional Sith fashion, but it's about 1/4 longer than usual.

Slowly, Worf moves toward me, obviously in an attempt to provoke Qui Gon.  When Worf's back is fully turned, Jinn moves to attack him (unarmed) from behind.  But Worf anticipates this and turns while swinging his saber in a murderous overhead arc.  However, Jinn catches Worf's saber hand by the wrist, and smiles dangerously.  

That's where the dream ends.  I woke up absolutely traumatized.  If you read through all that, then I applaud your tenacity.  I just needed to get this insanity off my chest...

Wesker
Overseer
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:04 pm

Give me your dreams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trigger
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:50 am

You can have them. I haven't had a truly restful night's sleep in over a week. D:

Wesker
Overseer
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Dreams   Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:34 am

Nor have I, I'd at least like some dreams to go with my restless nights. Cheesy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreams   

Back to top Go down

Dreams