Briar
Soldier

Number of posts : 140

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons:
Items:

PostSubject: RE6   Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:23 pm

Three scenarios, and all of the stories seem pretty terrible.

Scenario A is Leon. Zombies and other stuff running the streets. It held my attention until I descended 30,000 leagues under the earth in a tomb that was nothing more than raised platforms over bottomless pits. Also, slightly before that I go through this whole puzzle sequence while a group of civilians wander about below. Eventually the puzzle is complete, and a door opens revealing a monster that kills everyone, but Hey! At least I finished the puzzle! (At the expense of about 30 human lives)

Good
*Zombies
*One scene where someone is driving you through a cloud of smoke, and zombies are walking around you banging on the vehicle.

Bad
*When does this take place? Chris never mentions it, but he gets really upset when someone threatens it.(Even though it already happened)
*Leon has dual pistols
*Ridiculous end boss fight
*Transformer boss
*Mysteriously knowing people/facts without any backing as to how or why. (He knew everything about Jake..somehow)

Scenario B is Chris. PTSD, sadness and shame. First you play a scene in modern day, then you go back to a flashback 6 months prior where Chris gets tossed around like Loki did. At some point you commandeer a jet, but since Chris also did this in RE:CV it's sort of alright.

Good
*None

Bad
*Early on in this story, civilians are captured by spider things and dragged along the floor. I spent the better part of an hour on this part because I ran out of ammo, and my teammates AI was retarded as fuck. I told them to wait, they wander off. I tell them to go, they stand in an area that has no tactical value.
*AUGH I'M SO ANGRY. You're one cool guy, y'know? RAGE MURDER KILL. You're my best friend. (This could be the PTSD, but seriously, his mood swings were so extreme I couldn't get into it)

Scenario C was Jake, and the last I played since I originally didn't know Sherry was in the game. It consists of wandering aimless without any real goals other than to get to the end of the area. At some point you are captured and continue wandering in the right direction until...honestly, this scenario isn't well thought out.

Good
*Decent enough story.
*Sherry's explanation of what happened to her dad is completely true, and make me giggle slightly.

Neutral
*There is a coin puzzle, but there are more tokens than are needed. It's good and bad.

Bad
*The whole scenario could have been prevented had Sherry called in a helicopter as soon as she found Jake. Later on, she shows that she has some control over the BSAA, so....
*Sherry has G-properties only in cutscenes. Honestly, I want her to hulk out and slaughter an entire village but I doubt this will occur.
*A lot of insta-kill situations
*At one point I lose all my guns. I then become a melee fighting machine, and the penalty for melee fighting is taken away until I get my guns back. This is never really explained.

"A slender woman knelt beside me. Usually a civilian comes up to me at a scene saying he’s a volunteer medic out of Blanco County and I say, “Thanks, move along.” But this slender woman, she had a voice from a dream in which babies come into the world riding great waves of warm water and the mothers weep with joy to hold their newly born.

“I’m a nurse,” she said.

This competent woman kneeling beside me and in my head she kept talking. In my head, I could hear her voice, like band-aids and brownies, saying, “You are not alone in this parched, cracked world into which you were so ruthlessly begotten.”"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tool
Soldier

Number of posts : 146

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons:
Items:

PostSubject: Re: RE6   Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:49 pm

Let's face it,RE will never be the same again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W. Birkin
Experienced Scientist

Number of posts : 2620

PostSubject: Re: RE6   Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:37 pm

!!!

What did our lil girl say about me?

Also, Wesker wants to tap her ass o-o

From what I can gleam over from the wiki. The time line jumps around. You're supposed to play
the scenarios as such:

Leon > Jake > Chris > Ada's

This game sounds fucktarded. Its why I'm not buying it. I played the demo, it was ok, but not what
I expect from an RE game....

Obedience breeds discipline. Discipline breeds unity. Unity breeds power.
Power is life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pest02
Soldier

Number of posts : 2553

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: RE6   Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:07 pm

Leon has a spark of what made the series great, but like Jen said, that thing where we had to chase around spiders to rescue people killed Chris's storyline.

I still haven't beaten Jake/Sherry's part, and I don't know about an Ada storyline.

Half the game was played without Jen, and she knows just about as much of the storyline as I do. There is also a multiplayer option, where you have a chance to play as some twisty morph thing that can split in half. You can choose the upper or lower half to play as, and AI will take over the other piece.

Generally, you have to attack en masse but you have no way to communicate. Also, your attacks are so slow they can crawl away from them.

King Doltan: Not playing Runescape since 2004
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trigger
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment

Number of posts : 3160

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: RE6   Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:57 pm

This game.

Is so.

Bad.

I've beaten Leon's scenario, and managed to slug through a couple hours on Jake and Chris respectively. The game is so horribly unimpressive that I have to have a friend around to co-op it with me, otherwise I lose interest almost immediately.

Running around as Leon, knifing fools and stomping skulls between roundhouse kicks was really fun for awhile, but that's my only semi-kudos. I don't like the idea of being able to fistfight an entire hoard of zombies to death in a game that had its roots in survival horror, but it did have a certain visceral appeal.

I could write an enormous review detailing all of my opinions on the game, but almost all of them are negative, so I won't waste anymore of my fucking time thinking about this uninspired pile of shit than necessary.

But I paid almost $70 for the motherfucker, so I'm going to play it until it's beaten. -_-

I feel so bad for bashing RE4 as hard as I did back in the day,and I CERTAINLY feel bad for enjoying RE5. Perhaps if it had gotten universally booed into the floor, maybe Capcom would have taken a step back in the right direction. Unfortunately, it stepped on a landmine, and the explosion was worse than any of the thousands you see in RE6.

I'll miss you, Resident Evil.

Briar
Soldier

Number of posts : 140

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons:
Items:

PostSubject: Re: RE6   Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:29 am

This is how fighting feels.

Spoiler:

"A slender woman knelt beside me. Usually a civilian comes up to me at a scene saying he’s a volunteer medic out of Blanco County and I say, “Thanks, move along.” But this slender woman, she had a voice from a dream in which babies come into the world riding great waves of warm water and the mothers weep with joy to hold their newly born.

“I’m a nurse,” she said.

This competent woman kneeling beside me and in my head she kept talking. In my head, I could hear her voice, like band-aids and brownies, saying, “You are not alone in this parched, cracked world into which you were so ruthlessly begotten.”"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W. Birkin
Experienced Scientist

PostSubject: Re: RE6   Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:00 pm

Who's the player and who;s the fighting mechanic?

Power is life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer

Number of posts : 3007

PostSubject: Re: RE6   Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:33 am

W.Birkin wrote:

I CANNOT BE BLAMED. THAT ASS IS AMAZING.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W. Birkin
Experienced Scientist

PostSubject: Re: RE6   Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:56 am

Slothra wrote:
W.Birkin wrote:

I CANNOT BE BLAMED. THAT ASS IS AMAZING.

Spoiler:

Among other things.

Power is life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE6   

Back to top Go down

RE6
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mad Science Forums :: Umbrella Waste Disposal :: Trash-
Jump to: