Share | 

Fuck Hollywood

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
W. Birkin
Scientist

Number of posts : 542

PostSubject: Fuck Hollywood   Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Do you see this fucking shit? Of course you do! That single frame more than says everything
you need to know about this bullshit without having to watch the entire fucking trailer! I haven't
read World War Z, but I have read the Zombie Survival Guide, and from what I've garnered from
that book, the zombies were slow, shambling, Romero-esque ghouls, they certainly weren't the
zombie spider-man!

What the fuck is wrong with Hollywood?! More specifically, what the fuck is with the writers who
make this goddamned shit up?! Running zombies have NEVER been scary, they never will! And by
making your zombies run, you aren't being clever, you're re-treading the same tired trope as every
other zombie movie since 2004's Dawn of The Dead Remake!

God fucking damn it! Its bad enough shitsuckers like Paul Anderson have ruined any chance of
having a GOOD Resident Evil films, now the rest of his fucking cohorts are ruining my favorite
genre and my favorite monster...

How is anyone supposed to take this film seriously? I get that zombie flicks are a bit absurd to
begin with, but a mountain of zombies creating a path up the side of a building? REALLY?!
This has to be one of the most ridiculous fucking things I've ever seen and I've seen Entrails of
a Virgin!

Fuck everyone involved with this movie's creation. I'll personally memorize the names of the
producers, the writers, and their entire filmogrophy and I will avoid them like the plague that
they've put on celluloid.

Obedience breeds discipline. Discipline breeds unity. Unity breeds power.
Power is life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trigger
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment

Number of posts : 32

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Hollywood   Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:39 pm

To be fair, it was warned in the Zombie Survival Guide that a sufficient number of attacking zombies could force the frontmost undead over, eventually creating a giant carbon ramp over virtually any barricade.

But I'm just as pissed as you are to see this running zombie bullshit infesting a series that EXPLICITLY states that even undead in the best condition post-reanimation lack the motor faculties to move at more than a steady lope... Seriously, these zombies are moving so fast that a group of them literally looks like a tidal wave.

Only once have I ever seen a running zombie that worked, and that zombie would be the Crimson Head from the remake of Resident Evil 1. That motherfucker gives me nightmares to this day.

W. Birkin
Scientist

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Hollywood   Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Trigger wrote:
To be fair, it was warned in the Zombie Survival Guide that a sufficient number of attacking zombies could force the frontmost undead over, eventually creating a giant carbon ramp over virtually any barricade.

And these dickholes completely give a big "F-U" to your statement. They're clearly climbing. And
you're right, the Zombie Survival Guide -did- say that if enough bodies piled up, they could make
ramp over most conventional barricades. I don't think Max had a building in mind when he said
this.

And furthermore, we at least had an explanation for why the Crimson Heads could run. Sure, it
may be a bit iffy, but its an explanation, we aren't just expected to be ok with it, like every other
fucking zombie movie. -.-

Power is life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Hollywood   Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:36 pm

I've already accepted that zombies are terrible anyways and nobody does them right
Back to top Go down
ConArtist
Survivor

Number of posts : 1

Character Sheet
Name: ConArtist
Weapons: Shotguns and Melee
Items: A weapon...

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Hollywood   Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:20 pm

Read my signature...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W. Birkin
Scientist

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Hollywood   Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:47 pm

Shit does happen, but in this instant, your signature doesn't mean jack all.

A meteorite falling from the sky and incinerating a jaded office girl on a Monday
is shit that just happens. The dinosaurs dying in the aftermath of a global extinction
event is shit that just happens. The rise of Nazi Germany and the monster that was
Adolf Hitler is shit that just happens.

This movie didn't just happen, this thing was MADE. People put a lot time, effort and
money into this thing. They scripted it, story boarded it, enacted and filmed it, and are
now going to unleash it on the world like a tidal wave of shit. This didn't just happen...

Power is life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havoc
Tragically Insane

Number of posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Hollywood   Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:04 am

First of all, I feel compelled to point to my favorite zombie movie of all time: 28 Days Later. There are running zombies in 28 Days Later, to the point of sprinting, without ever getting tired. The way I have always looked at zombie movies is that it is a large playing field to be creative with. 28 Days Later explains its running zombies by informing the viewer that they are not dead at all. In fact, they are infected with a "rage" virus that is a heightened form of rabies that was original being tested on chimpanzees. Perhaps it wasn't the most realistic, but it did create a very frightening film. I disagree with you completely in the comment that running zombies aren't scary. Being a fat ass, I am highly frightened by the idea of running zombies because it is something I won't survive for very long at all. I would be forced to barricade myself and starve to death crying if it possibly ever happened.

I give a nod to Trigger as well. Classic zombies (undead) would never be capable to run because of their rotting muscles and weakening bone structure. The fear of these zombies is based off of no man's realistic ability to pull off successfully repeated head shots; as well as their frightening rotting features. Yet, with their capability to only shamble, making wise choices results into a lack of fear from the creature itself. Shawn of the Dead took a comical look at the typical shambling zombie by showing the weaknesses of the genre. Another popular zombie show, The Walking Dead, produces the same effect. In the Walking Dead zombies typically shamble about, and over time the group has lose fear of them, and begin to pity them (doesn't sound like horror). In fact, the only time the group is horrified is when they are either injured, or the very random newly turned zombie shows face and can actually walk a bit faster than the others.

If based off the book WWZ this movie should have shambling zombies, because the zombies in the book are associated to the second paragraph. Yet, the director chose walking zombies probably because it was easier to make a fast moving adrenalin pumping plot. Perhaps the director will afford the time within the film to explain why the zombies run; if not, then oh well. I won't be watching this movie because it looks frightening, no movie scares me anymore (save for the occasional loud noise that catches me off guard). I do have my fair share of complaints about this movie: the climbing, the tumbling tidal wave, and the poor cgi quality. However, all of these features are forgiven due to the fact they have incorporated Brad Pitt as the leading role. Brad Pitt has stared in most of my favorite movies and has yet failed to disappoint me as an actor. I will go see this movie if only for this reason. Not because I'm looking to be scared.

W. Birkin
Scientist

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Hollywood   Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:18 pm

That's precisely why I didn't mention the 28 days later series, because they aren't
zombies, they're infected. But anyone who isn't like us simply lumps them in as
zombies. When the first movie came out, every poster herald it as the best zombie
movie since Night of The Living Dead. Except that it wasn't a zombie movie. But
ok, lets say I put that argument aside, the 28 days later franchise is the ONE and
only exception that I make in regards to running zombies not being scary.

Obviously, I shouldn't have claimed my opinion was how everyone felt. And I
do admit that running zombies have their own place in the genre, and honestly,
im not even really upset that there are running zombies, but do you really want
to use your defense on this particular movie? The fucking zombies are literally
doing a fucking wave. That's not scary, that's ridiculous!

Furthermore, the walking dead isn't about the zombies, they do provide some fear
factor, but that isn't where the horror lies in this series, its the humans. The things
they endure from other survivors and the things they have to do to others in order
to survive, their struggle, the inevitability of death and subsequent resurrection as
a flesh hungry monster who will not stop to eat the ones they loved in life. That's
whats scary about the walking dead, its always been that way.

Power is life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havoc
Tragically Insane

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Hollywood   Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:40 pm

I didn't want to use the running zombies are okay card on this movie. Really, I greatly enjoy the remake of Dawn of the Dead. It was one of the first movies I ever watched of the zombie genre and started my passion. I've seen others, but as far as graphics and fear factor go nothing has come close to beating it. (Aside from 28 Days Later which we both agree is of a different genre)

This movie looks like shit sprinkled with gold. Like I mentioned before, the only reason I WILL watch this movie is because of Brad Pitt. So really, if you wanted to argue this movie with me, it would only turn into an argument of if Brad Pitt is a good actor. Which he is. End of story. (lol)

I mentioned I'm against this movie in particular having running zombies because is not canon with the book. I'm really against movies based off of another source that turn it into shit. Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Hunger Games.. that is just naming a few. I'm really nit picky when it comes to a movie based off of something I enjoyed.

P.S. Hidden in that wave might be a zombie shark. Now is it scary?

Havoc
Tragically Insane

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Hollywood   Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:44 pm

By the way. Pause the trailer at 1:38. Is that actually a zombie?

W. Birkin
Scientist

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Hollywood   Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:49 pm

I won't argue whether Brad Pitt is a good actor or not, given that most popular
actors today are fucking atrocious anyway. Plus, I don't think I've seen any of
his flicks, so I can't critique his work.

There was just something about Dawn of the Dead remake that just, didn't sit
well with me. I guess because there was little to no suspense, like the original.
They did away with that to get the run time down to under 2 hours. and for
me, it really detracts from the overall feel of the film. I will say this tho, I'd
rather watch the Dawn remake than any of the Resident Evil sequels. >.>

And to be fair, running zombies don't have to be explained for a movie about
them to be good. Look at the Return of The Living Dead movies, they feature
running zombies, hell, they feature very intelligent zombies, too, and all of
those were good until Sy Fy got their mitts on 4 and 5....

Power is life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W. Birkin
Scientist

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Hollywood   Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 pm

1:38 is a black screen. Do you mean the guy immediately before and after, with
black, curly hair and a black beard? He looks undead, cause for a split second
you see his eyes and they're opaque.

Power is life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havoc
Tragically Insane

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Hollywood   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:13 am

Exactly. His eyes are opaque yet there are no grotesque bites or scratches on his body to show that he was turned.. Interesting.

W. Birkin
Scientist

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Hollywood   Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:15 pm

That could just be from the shit editing of the trailer.

Power is life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Hollywood   

Back to top Go down

Fuck Hollywood
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1