Z 1
Experienced Scientist

Number of posts : 1189

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Hows Life   Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:02 am

Hey guys, just read the XKCD page about small internet communities, and felt I needed to come here and check to see how everyone is doing.

Its been a while since I was last here, I remember spending so much time with you guys. I was freaking 15 when I first signed up to this site five, almost six years ago. Man every day the same, wake up, go to school, come home, ignore everything else and jump straight onto the site.

Man those where the days, fucking playing games, bugging Trigger to make an RP, all the crazy shit.

I just wanted to see how you guys where doing, but hell before I even finished typing this, a wild fucking Slothra appeared and brought with him a Birkin.

For my self, I am about two to three weeks from finishing up my school before I can finally start my job in the Air Force. I spent a year waiting for this class spot, and its finally here.

Man, so many good memories, here is to a hundred more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W. Birkin
Experienced Scientist

Number of posts : 2620

PostSubject: Re: Hows Life   Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:17 pm

It's kind of funny

The way everyone talks, it's as if they hadn't been on here in ages. I see it as just being yesterday,
even though so much time really has gone by. Perhaps its because I'm older, or perhaps it's cause
I haven''t been doing terribly much in the mean time. *shrugs*

I told you about the college situation last night, so I'll be brief on it. To summarize, I spent the
past year getting my shit together in order to go to college. I was meant to start at the beginning
of this year, but it got postponed due to.. unforeseen circumstances. *sigh* So, I'm back out
looking for work and hoping I get to begin in the spring.

I lost my sister Susie due to cancer, and we feared we would lose another sister for the same
reason this year, but it seems we caught it in time to at least give her more time..She's responding
well to chemo, but she's going to be starting radiation soon and it's going to damage her mind. We
don't know how much, but they're saying it will be like someone with Alzheimer's.. All we can do now
is wait and see how bad it is and make the best of the situation/

Unfortunately, we did lose someone to cancer again this year, two in fact.. My estranged Uncle and
my Aunt, both of them from cancer. I don't know what the hell my family got into over the years,
but it seems that it hasn't taken kindly to them. I can only pray I don't meet the same fate.

Obedience breeds discipline. Discipline breeds unity. Unity breeds power.
Power is life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer

Number of posts : 3007

PostSubject: Re: Hows Life   Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:15 am

I find my life is generally full of life with a dash of death. It's very promising, outside of tomorrow's doc visit. I'm quite pleased with my drive to get things done recently, even with all the federal support I'm on, I'm still under poverty level, but I'm able to get most of the things I need to improve it further from here.

Ultimately, my calm & calculated approach that I adopted out of sheer lethargy in my childhood is paying off very nicely. I don't take up any major responsibilities until I've dealt with the minor ones that make them possible. A job to fuel my car to get to college, etc etc.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trigger
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment

Number of posts : 3160

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Hows Life   Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:06 pm

Funny how the hive-mind still buzzes at times.

I hope you're all retaining your sanity at acceptable levels.  Now that I can access this site again, I'll do my best not to completely fade away.  I'm nothing, if not nostalgic.

At worst, I can be summoned by PM when the need arises and the planets are aligned. Stay classy, folks.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hows Life   

Back to top Go down

Hows Life
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1