Relax & chat with other employees

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard

Number of posts : 2324

PostSubject: Relax & chat with other employees   Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:42 am

With the chatbox once again on the fritz and my own stubbornness towards getting a facebook account I feel too much time is already being allowed to pass with no dialogue.

So how is everyone? what have you guys been up to?

I've been housesitting while my friend goes to disneyland so I played six hours of Shadow of Mordor earlier. I never knew what I was really missing in life until I was handed a game where all you do is slaughter orcs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trigger
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment

Number of posts : 3160

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:01 pm

For once the site isn't a slow unnavigable mess.  I don't know what's been going on lately but it's been horrible trying to do anything around here.  

As for Facebook, there's a messenger app that allows us to talk to each other on the fly without having to -actually- go through Facebook every day.  Basically you take 30 seconds to make a Facebook account, get the messenger app, friend one of us (so you can be invited) and bam, you never have to log onto "Facebook proper" or look at its stupid face ever again.  I'm right with you when it comes to hating Facebook, but goddamn this messenger is convenient.  It has everything we need. Easy image uploading, push-to-talk, modifiable notifications, private rooms, everything. Basically it's Skype but not godawful annoying.

As for Shadow of Mordor, it does look badass.  I hear it uses an evolved version of the Assassin's Creed fighting system, which was the only thing I actually liked about that series.  I look forward to renting this game.

Last edited by Trigger on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer

Number of posts : 3007

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:34 pm

I'm always up for suggested improvements when it comes to a messenger, but it had been quite... Impossible, to navigate this site for a while.

FB Messenger is just as good as Trigg says. It bypasses all of the shittyness that the rest of Facebook is and gives you an enhanced messenger, no need to even use your real name.

Shadows of Mordor looks incredible, it is a lot like Assassin's Creed, but a bit more in depth. I also like the nemeses and how who lives or dies among them affects the power balance of the region.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0

Number of posts : 1107

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:21 am

I must have typed this URL out so many times 6 years ago that I'll never forget it. Every time I remember it exists, I reminisce about the good old times. Advanced Wars with Wesker. Runescape with Trigger and Pengy. Sexual tension with Jarki. Confirmed to be a guy the whole time.

I don't even remember the bad times. I remember we're supposed to hate each other Pengy. I think I left on bad terms with Wesker and Trigger. But to be honest, I don't even remember why. Apparently only fond memories survive the years.

What have I been up to? Gaming. A lot. One day about a year ago, I was playing Counter-Strike. Just a random deathmatch in a partially empty server. One of the usernames there caught my eye. I can't remember what it was, he has long since changed it. But it was Kanden, using one of his aliases that he used on this site. I had recognized it from all those years ago. Sure enough, Steam said we had two friends in common. Havoc and Impy. He didn't recognize me, as I was going under the Deity moniker, until I brought up these forums to him.

What a miniscule chance that we would run into each other. Just the right server at the right time.

I'm still an Exterminator. I quit Runescape a couple years ago. Apart from that Kanden story, I don't have much to tell here.

So until next year, when this URL starts buzzing around in my brain again and I have to come here to make it stop, my monologue ends and I disappear.

Or you could just friend me on Steam.

P.S. Merry Christmas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trigger
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:34 pm

Merry Christmas too bro-man, it's good to hear from you again!  To be frank I was terribly confused and sad when you stopped palling around with me, and I don't even remember the impetus for it.  Rest assured that I harbor no grudges, and am immensely pleased to see your friendly old face once again.

Just to play catch up here, I'm still taking classes, wandering aimlessly to a degree I may never complete.  But I also work full-time, so at least there's money to fuel my hobbies.  I recently purchased a 3DS and me 'n Birk have been playing Pokemon nonstop.  I'm currently saving up for a new laptop to replace my old G73 (oh the memories) after which I'd be thrilled to play all the games in the world with you.  

We don't use this site really anymore, but pretty much the entire gang is intact on Facebook messenger if you're interested.  Pengy, sadly, doesn't care for Facebook, so we mostly only come around here to keep tabs on his punk ass.  

Once again, merry Christmas old fellow, and may your Gallick Gun never miss.

Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:23 pm

It is good to see you around here on last time. Everyone here has a lot of history together, and as you said while there was a falling out of sorts somewhere along the way all that I think about now are all the good times we had playing Runescape (and DF and REO before that though that seems like ancient history to me now).

6 years is truly an extraordinary amount of time for a group of teenagers/20-somethings to stick together on a free message board with a shitty chat program. In the absence of anything more heartfelt and sentimental I'd just like to say well done, gentlemen. This site really carried me through the tail end of Middle School all the way through High School and then was again invaluable to me when I moved from the small town I spent my entire life and took my first clumsy steps into the adult world.

What am I up to now? I recently quit my old job that was consistently cutting my hours and got hired by a Grocery Outlet who are giving me 40+ hours a week which is nice. I, too, am currently saving up to get a new computer or laptop of some kind. I'll be sure to make a Steam account and leave my username here so maybe we can play some games together in the near future.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to everyone who will still check the site to read this, and to all the AWOL members who we will always wonder what happened to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trigger
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:36 pm

Merry Christmas, gentlemen and beloved cohorts of auld!

Oh god, REO... Now those were the days. Playing a grid-based Resident Evil game on dial-up, which meant a two-second lag for every step. Somehow I still managed to get good at it. Too bad character resets were so common.

Havoc
Tragically Insane

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:36 am

Dear me,
How long has it been?
Certainly forever.
It's interesting to read the words of a group of people that for a great time I spent most of my days with.  We certainly did have our good times.  I remember the games of old we all grouped together to play.  I remember the Great Divide as some members got better computers and connections as others were left in yore.  Most of all, I remember the strength of our companionship, and how we were always there for each other in times of strife and need.  Not really, it was a 50/50 love and hate relationship.  Regardless, I'm not sure why exactly I chose to get on today.  It's been so long a time since last we have encountered.  I think, to a great degree, my desire to log in once more, was to per chance see photographs of the friends I used to so fondly remember.  I find myself curious how we have all aged; and what we look like in the days of now.

As for myself.  I'm still living the college life.  I've grown ever closer to achieving my degree and will use this scroll proving my gathered knowledge to set sell to other shores and travel the world as a teacher.  My job in this moment, however, is far less exciting.  I chose to drift from the days of cooking in restaurants to instead work a simplistic job as a register boy at a convenience store.  While juggling night shifts and classes I also have efforts with a friend to start up a small career as a freelance writer. As each day passes so too does this dream come closer to fruition, though as you can see i still need practice.  I spend a lot of my time as well writing short stories and poetry.  Perhaps one day when I grow confidence in my own works I will share them with you.  As for in this moment, all I have to share is this:

Stare deeply.  Study the changes since last you've seen my face.  Perhaps afterwards post photography of your aged self for my own research.  Until then, blessed be your days; and may your life forever be a wonder till the blissful grips of eternity come dragging you to the never.

Wesker
Overseer
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:54 pm

Oh my god it's Trigger, but less spherical overall
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:21 pm

bam

(this is seriously the best out of 30ish pictures I took. the combination of my laptop's built-in webcam and the dim lighting in my room creates pretty shitty looking pictures.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender

Number of posts : 959

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:27 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:36 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z 1
Experienced Scientist

Number of posts : 1189

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:05 pm

Here it goes, the worst mustache in the world
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z 1
Experienced Scientist

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:09 pm

First we start with me, not having shaved in 5 days thanks to being on leave for the superbowl

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z 1
Experienced Scientist

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:12 pm

Then we shave

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z 1
Experienced Scientist

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:14 pm

Now, we swagger

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:43 pm

You look way better that way, to be honest. Tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trigger
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:55 pm

Dude, bro, you ain't even know 'bout my bangs. They were fly.

Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:59 pm

I feel the other picture I took didn't really show how long my hair is at this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trigger
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:43 pm

Fabulous~ Cheesy

Wesker
Overseer
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:09 pm

Trigger wrote:
Dude, bro, you ain't even know 'bout my bangs.  They were fly.  

If you had them when we met in Vegas, my point stands. You looked like a lesbian. It is not so without them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trigger
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:21 pm

My hair was even shorter when we were in Vegas, full buzzcut yo.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Relax & chat with other employees   

Back to top Go down

Relax & chat with other employees
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1