Share | 

How have you bastards been?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Havoc
Tragically Insane

Number of posts : 95

PostSubject: How have you bastards been?   Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:34 am

It's 5 in the morning and I can't sleep. I find myself in the moment coming through bits and pieces of my life. Things in the past that changed and developed me into who I am, and the places and people I've seen along the way. I recall, in these moments, the times of my earliest internet endeavors and the little places here and there I'd go to spend my time. Like a cigarette burn that will never go away, the url for this site is engraved in my mind. The experiences I've had here, the people I've met. They don't go away, and they'll be a part of me for so many years.

I'll be honest though, I went from having friends on here (some even in person) to barely knowing any of you scandalous sluts. I've lost touch with most of you, and at this point in life I'd have to say we are strangers. Yet, what I do remember from our time together is a sort of kinship. Though we had splits and differences (I more drastically than some others) we were like this little knit family of anguished young adults. It was, for the most part, good times in a time when not so many other things in my life were good.

I've grown up a bit now from that character I used to be. I'm 24, a bit directionless, and pretty grounded in what I've come to believe and how I see the world. I've matured, as I expect many of you have.

Yet, through that time of maturation, I was one of those many who drifted away and never really spoke much on the site after a while. I drifted away, and I've lost touch with all of you. I came to realize even a prior best friend was all but lost in the path of life, and now I know nothing of any of you.

So how has everything gone in your lives my old time friends? How has everyone grown and experienced life while I was away? I am quite curious.. Maybe there should be a post your picture thread v2 so we can reminisce about how everyone has aged in time. Doubtful, but twould be fun.

---About myself---

So you've gotten through the wordy greeting and you find yourself a bit curious about me? Well here is some information I can give you. I work as a chef these days, and I'm attending culinary school. Yeh yeh.. I used to be that artsy fartsy writer kid who wanted to be an English Major. Well, that dream didn't die, but I became self aware enough of myself that it isn't the path that would lead to as much joy as cooking does.

I'm also still a pretty regular gamer just like I used to be, though there is one major change. Instead of being a console focused individual, I sold all my old hardware and put into savings for a good desktop and am a solely PC gamer. Right now my gaming is scattered, though my main two focuses that are multiplayer based would be Black Desert Online and Ark: Survival Evolved. If you yourself are a pretty regular PC gamer than by all means hit me up and we can find something of mutual interest to play! I'm always looking for a good game.

W. Birkin
Scientist

Number of posts : 542

PostSubject: Re: How have you bastards been?   Mon May 09, 2016 8:25 am

Hey havoc! it's been a while bud!

Eh, for the most part, it's been a crazy ride on my end. I finally landed a job at Walmart about 2 years
back and spent the majority of that time working. wound up leaving that job for another one closer to
home, and I've got plans on becoming a CNA and then a Medical Care Aide.

i'll be hitting the big 3-0 later this month, Damn, time flies....

Lost my sister to cancer back in October, and goddamn to I miss her.. I still struggle a lot with grief, but
other than that, things are trucking on. I still see Trig and Wesk on a daily basis. though we haven't
been on the UC forums much, we can be found on FB. We're trying to get our asses cohesive enough to
start reforming here, there's been talks of a revival of sorts, into something less-serious than a formal
gaming club, and instead just a hogwash of buddies playing different games together.

I've got Wesker's old PC rig, so I can play some pretty decent pc games now, he just got a new desk
top himself, while not optimal, or what he wanted, it allows him to play some games. Trig is in the
process of getting his intranet in order, and he'll have a laptop soon after.

The place may be derelict, but the old ghosts are still running about, now and then we'll have people,
like you, who stop in to let us know they aren't dead. Kyo is still around, too, he pops on Facebook now
and then, when he has the down time to do so. Pengy was on not long ago either, and we're still capable
of drawing in new blood.

You can find me on FB under BiohazardCerberus, on steam under either BERSERKFHURER or
biohazard_cerberus. You find me on either of these platforms, Trig and Wesk aren't far behind.

Obedience breeds discipline. Discipline breeds unity. Unity breeds power.
Power is life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trigger
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment

Number of posts : 32

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: How have you bastards been?   Fri May 20, 2016 12:30 pm

Looks like I'm a couple months late to the reunion, but hopefully you'll read this eventually~

It's good to see you again old friend, and it's good to see that you've been getting life figured out.  Cooking seems like a natural match for you, given your history around the kitchen.  I have no doubt you'll be successful there.  I'm also glad to see that you've kept your passion for writing alive.  I try to write a little bit every day, myself.  It keeps me grounded and content.

I'm a sober fella nowadays, and on meds to fix my brain.  I suppose that makes me a lot more predictable than I used to be, which is a good thing.  I'm planning to start classes in the Fall to become an X-Ray technician, so it'll be neat if that works out.  

Oh yeah, I just finished moving back to MS (perhaps I should have led with that?) I'd love to get together sometime, maybe see a movie and share some things we've written.      

Also I've developed a weird passion for camping, not sure if that's something you'd be interested in.  

- Trigger

Wesker
Overseer
Overseer

Number of posts : 714

PostSubject: Re: How have you bastards been?   Tue May 24, 2016 2:56 am

Pfft! I don't think that we can forget the old gang now, even if we wanted to. I know your names, you sons of bitches! But, yes, I understand what you're saying. Many of us fluctuated in our presence, and some faded away, but I'd hardly consider you distant. The same with people who didn't even talk much. Many of you left such an impression on me.

Hmm, updates, updates... I'm planning on going to college, beginning August 22nd, with my major being Prosthetic Technology. Somehow unsurprising how we're all creeping around the medical world, and the medical world ought to be more than slightly concerned with that. In the meantime, my focus is on getting in shape, mentally and physically. I've been seeing a lovely lady of 32 recently, so I've somehow managed to become more romantically active. I've kind of made a full transition to console gaming, to be very honest, because I have trouble controlling my schedule enough already without getting engrossed in PC gaming like I would, but I would like to purchase a laptop someday for League of Legends, World of Warships, etc. Trigger, Birk & I like to play Monster Hunter on DS a bunch, Birk not so much but he'll still tag along.

I am 26. I haven't actually changed all that much. My parents continue to make jokes about my lack of proper aging. It barely feels like a year since we last spoke tbh, so I can't recall which updates are going to be relevant. You're welcome to find us on Facebook and join the clusterfuck of like 3 group chats we have going on, most of the core members (and some non-core even) are present there. Name's Aidan Coyne. profile pic is an Irish Wolfhound with two dachshunds on it.

Good to chat with you again, late as I am to it. See you on the flip side, my dude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender

Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: How have you bastards been?   Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:54 pm

I like to be fashionably late, so here it is.

I've been pretty good, for the most part. I've switched majors to Criminology, and I'm going to be attending A&M San Antonio in the Fall here in a few months. I've been making more of an effort to be active outside of work, and I'm planning to go hiking much more often. I've managed to find myself a wonderful girlfriend through a friend at work, and we've been seeing each other for almost a year now, so that's pretty damn great.

You bastards were a good time, and if I don't poke my nose here every now and then, you can hit me up on steam most reliably, under austinpowers345.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W. Birkin
Scientist

Number of posts : 542

PostSubject: Re: How have you bastards been?   Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:01 pm

That's great to hear man Cheesy I'm trying to find you on steam but it says you don't exist there. Maybe I messed somethin up

Obedience breeds discipline. Discipline breeds unity. Unity breeds power.
Power is life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How have you bastards been?   

Back to top Go down

How have you bastards been?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1