Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:52 pm

BEHOLD!!

Guild Wars 2

Description:
True HD Resolution: The game play was played and recorded in real-time at true 1080p HD resolution, not scaled up artificially. The animated lore part of the video is produced at 1080p resolution from the ground up. All assets are created at true 1080p resolution.

Animated Portion: The animated, pre-rendered lore intro portion of the video was done completely in-house. This was not contracted out to a specialty studio that produces high-end pre-rendered videos. All of the illustrations, animation, editing, and rendering was done at ArenaNet.

In-Game Portion: The in-game part of the video is actual in-game footage. It was rendered in real-time in the game engine and recoded live using video capture hardware. Nothing was pre-rendered. All models, textures, and other assets are actual game play versions. They haven't been prettied up for marketing purposes.

Maps are works in progress, and may change to better fit game play.

The team is working hard to make the game even more beautiful for the full release!

See the official website for all your Guild Wars 2 news! http://www.guildwars2.com/
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard

Number of posts : 240

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:07 pm

Not interested/10
Tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:43 pm

Then why did you even bother to read this topic..? -_-
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:11 pm

It makes me feel like I'm in the party. D=
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:33 pm

OHWAT

*glomps Havoc and rushes to the site*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:40 pm

*just watched it*

I literally jizzed a little and had major chills...

I can't fuggin' wait.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:05 pm

O.o. Thats awesome...

I can't say I had as big of a reaction but I am excited and can't wait for its release.

(I hope whatever type of computer I have in 2010 is good enough to handle the graphics >.>)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:28 am

I also saw the new WoW trailer, and as much as I hate WoW, I can't help but have been blown away by it.

But still, it's not nearly as beautiful or as exciting to me as GW2 is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:54 pm

I'm going to cry if you have to pay per month for guild wars 2. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:51 am

You don't!

Go to http://www.guildwars2.com !

They have a FAQ on the site >.>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:52 pm

*Jumps for joy*

The creators of guild wars and guild wars 2 are officially cooler then the creators of WoW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:56 pm

"Since Guild Wars 2 takes place 250 years in the future from Guild Wars, we wanted to introduce new technology to Tyria. From the mystical tech of the asura to the industrial war machines of the charr, Guild Wars 2 unmistakably takes place in a different era than the original game, and the weaponry and machinery reflect that. Firearms will definitely be part of the equation but with a unique twist."

Imma gonna shoot somebody in the face!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:57 pm

You read all the interviews and shiz?

The event system looks sooooooooooo amazing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:07 pm

I dun even have the time or patience to read through 5 interviews >.>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:11 pm

-.-

It explains so much about the game! Like the event system! I was like, "Sweet~"

They aren't long, any of them.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:09 pm

Havoc wrote:
"Since Guild Wars 2 takes place 250 years in the future from Guild Wars, we wanted to introduce new technology to Tyria. From the mystical tech of the asura to the industrial war machines of the charr, Guild Wars 2 unmistakably takes place in a different era than the original game, and the weaponry and machinery reflect that. Firearms will definitely be part of the equation but with a unique twist."

Imma gonna shoot somebody in the face!

Sounds quite a lot like what Peter Jackson said about Fable2...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:17 pm

Stop ignoring this game! You know you want to play it!!!

And from what I have been told Pre-Ordering of Guild Wars 2 will start Novemberish of 2010. I shall pre order the shit out of it..

As updated of my time playing GW I stopped playing as an elementalist and I am currently a spirit spamming Ritualist (awsome).

I defeated Factions and Nightfall on my elementalist however for the title I will go back and beat all 4 games on my Ritualist (so far I have only beaten Eye of The North on him since I have mostly been working towards epic sets of armor (will try to obtain a pic later)).

I obtained Chaos Gloves (cost about 550k in the game (anyone who has played the game knows that is a good bit of money)) in 5 days which made me fairly happy and currently i haved Elite Kurzick Armor dyed black for my Ritualist. (As well as Norn, Asuran, and soon Ancient).

As you can see I have yet to tire of the game and still rather enjoy it however I am always striving for more people to join up and play the game. If enough people from UC started playing GW I might even concider creating a Guild for us (from past experience with you people I doubt that would happen).

Either way I highly recomend the game to those who do not play an MMO simply for its grinding quality (as previously stated the level cap is only 20). The game however has rich gameplay in my opinion and playing it will help further your knowledge of the story line if you plan on playing GW2 when it releases.

There is also a new GW2 trailer showing the new races you can be in the game which I shall send in another post.

Consider playing this game!! That is all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Guild Wars 2 - The Races of Tyria

Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:48 pm

I wanna play, but no comp = no play... and my old computer could barely handle it anyways. XD

I'd play all the time if my computer was able to handle it.

And I wanna watch the trailer, but, once again, Wii. I went to the site but couldn't play it, I'll watch it on youtube later (embedded youtube doesn't work on Wii)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:16 pm

Obtain a computer D<
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:39 pm

The level 20 cap pisses me off way too much to ever play this game.

No more character development after a week or two = not interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:41 pm

GW2 will have a higher level cap from what i've read.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:44 pm

Low Level Cap =/= No Character Development

You continue to get points to upgrade your... gah, can't remember the word. Traits? Iono. What is it, Havoc!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Attributes >.>
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:01 pm

Yeeeeaah!

*hasn't played GW in like 4 months, maybe longer*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.   

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars and the Eye of the North Expansion Set.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next